Whining

Just when I think I hate my job enough to walk out, one of those kids tugs at my heartstrings. Yesterday one of my students came up to me and started stuttering. He's pretty shy and has only been at our school for two weeks so I haven't heard him talk a lot. I've never heard him stutter so I was making the most confused face.

I could tell he felt stupid for stuttering and the look I was giving him just made him more nervous. By the time I realized I was being a jerk, he finally spit it out. He was trying to tell me that I looked pretty that day. How sweet! And I thank the poor kid by looking at him like he's an idiot. Doh! Add that to the list of moments I wish I could do over.

I love teaching but sometimes I feel like I spend so much time nagging, lecturing, and disciplining that I never get to teach. Then the tests come back and there is no sign whatsoever that the kids understood even a smiggin of what I actually taught.

I'm tired of teaching; I'm sick of failing; and I want to sleep in.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Oh Rach, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you need a girl's night...
I miss you, girl! And your little Hudson is ADORABLE!! Hang in there- it gets better. Call me if you need to vent!

Love, Kayla