It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas

We put up our Christmas tree yesterday and now it officially feels like Christmas. Zane and I talked a lot about investing in a fake tree but I just can't bring myself to do it. I LOVE the way the real ones smell. As soon as we had it in the house I was glad we decided to go real. Like magic, just having the smell of pine in the house makes it feel like Christmas is really here.

Our first year I suggested that, since our anniversary is so close to Christmas, we make a point to go somewhere and bring back an ornament from that place so that it was actually special rather than annoying. Zane decided that it was such a good idea, he wanted one for everyplace we went that year- so we've collected ornaments from every major trip we've taken since we've been married. Then last year, we decided to turn a peice of the trunk of each years tree into an ornament with the year on it. So between anniversary, vacation, tree trunks, and a few ornaments I found 60% off at Shopko... I think our tree looks pretty darn cute!

1 comment:

Damien and Ashley said...

Good job on the tree-we love real ones too! (but have a dinky fake one this year becuase of a loack of time to go chop down our own...)

How cute is Hudson??? I love all the new pictures---he is getting so big. Enjoyall the snuggle time, it doesn't last long enough. I wish you guys could come up for Christmas. We won't be down there for awhile, and I'm missing you guys! Hope all is well!