Is it over yet!?!

I guess life thought our last little experience with keys was funny because since then we have been locked out of the house, the garage, my car 3 times, the truck twice, and both of our cars broke.

After our last post, I made Zane make a whole bunch of copies. Zane mentioned that night that his key wouldn't work so I told him to just use one of the others. Next day I came home from work and mine wouldn't work either. We had all the keys but something came loose in the door and none of the keys would work (thanks for your help Colby) and the locksmith ended up having to drill the knob in half to get us in. While he was working on the house lock, I locked my keys in the car. DOPE! I was glad he was still there.

The next day I had Zane bring me something to work right before I got off so we had both cars to drive home from Wally's. I drove off and didn't even notice he couldn't get in the truck. I waited in the drive way for a minute but he never came. I went inside to get my phone and call him to see where he was and locked my keys in MY car so I couldn't go back and get him. A very angry boy had to walk home in -35 and leave his truck at Wal-mart.

A couple days later Zane's truck broke down so I had to bumb rides off everyone. That was humbling, I mean fun :) The DAY we got it fixed, my car broke and . . . the story repeated.

Zane's dad helped fix it in our garage and they had to block the back door of the garage with stuff to get the car in. One of them locked the front door to the garage that night and nobody noticed as we left the next day. So we were locked out of the garage (which we don't have a key for). I had asked my amazing co-worker Amy to drop me off that night (still no car) and luckily she was able to give me a ride to Mike and Tammies where I hung out until Zane could come home and break in the window.

Zane and I have been laughing about the fact that those silly keys have caused more problems in our marriage to this point than anything else, haha. Whew! I hope we're just about done (Knock on wood!!!!!)

2 comments:

ChrissyLee said...

man, you guys have the worst luck ever!! sorry to hear that...it's never fun to have to ask for rides and such! hope your luck changes!! :) happy b-day (tomorrow) zane!

Kayla said...

Oh no!!! I am so sorry! You poor people!! Forgive me, but that is also really funny.... oh, I'm sorry. Hey, let us know if you need ANYTHING- anything at all. We'll be there! And Rach, I'm not working anymore, so PLEASE call if you need a ride or anything. I'm free. I'd love to see y'all!! And Rach, PLEEEEEEAAASE forgive me for being such a space case and missing your reception! I love you!