Bonfire at Eight O'clock

Zane turned 24 on Monday- Happy Birthday Hun! On Sunday we had his family come over for dinner, cake, and games. We had a lot of fun and it gave us a good excuse to finally get a table. [We ended up buying the very first one I liked two months ago but Zane said I couldn't have. ]

Carter and McKoy helped me put the candles on; we had to use a whole box! I thought the house would burn down, haha. He felt really old so rub it in when ya can :)



He was a little excited, haha, I love how he starts the singing himself!! Oh, and I couldn't figure out how to slice the video so you get to hear all our random conversation afterwards. :)

On Monday I attempted to make our first real homemade meal (even the birthday cake was out of a box) which didn't turn out half bad. Zane is definately a country boy so I marinated ribeye steaks while we were at school/work and (ok I cheated with the George Foreman) grilled them and made garlic and sage mashed potatoes.


My sister Lacie supplied the marinade recipe:

3 T Ketchup

1 T oil

1 T ch. onion

1 tsp brown sugar

1 tsp Worsterschire sauce

1 clove minced garlic

Dash of pepper

And my wonderful co-worker Amy taught me to make mashed potatoes (haha, yes I am that bad) although I have to say - whoever's idea it was to use a beater . . . . well we'll just say I struggled.


But it turned out well and who knows, I just might attempt cooking again sometime!


No comments: