Palisades Upper Lake

This weekend Zane and I took his brother Cody with us to the Upper Lakes above Swan Valley where he grew up. It turned out to be quite the adventure.

Zane was in such a hurry to get us up there that we didn't take the time to pack things very well. Cody and I had to keep stopping along the way to readjust our packs (I'm sad we didn't get a picture - we all looked pretty funny)

We set up camp just before dark, haha!! There was only one pole in the pack when we unloaded the tent. I've never laughed so hard in my life as when we were trying to make this work:



The door doesn't zip closed so it was cold, we were paranoid of animals crawling in, and our site was anything but flat. So while Cody slept like a rock- Zane and I grumbled and got NO sleep.

It is beautiful up there and we had a blast the next day exploring the emergency cabin and picking huckleberries along the way. There were plenty of little green water snakes and Cody and I had a ball watching Zane squirm.

The lake was gorgeous and the water was amazingly clear. You could see the fish following your lure so it was even more frustrating when they wouldn't bite. Cody caught the only fish of the trip but unfortunately the picture we took of it was on his camera which got lost somehow on the way down.

Haha, this is where we think it may have come off, haha!!


He tripped (after making fun of howold and slow Zane was)while running down the hill and spread eagled it right it the dirt (he tripped on the large rock behind him). Poor Cody! Hurt his ego more than anything but Zane and I weren't much help for how hard we were laughing.

Fourteen miles later, I am painfully aware of every muscle in my body. But we had fun and the trip was well worth it! Here are a few pictures of just how pretty it is up there.