Farewell Herman



Sunday afternoon, Herman passed away from internal complications. He had been sick for a while and has seen multiple doctors. He led a good life and will be missed. (And no Tamron he didn't die because I named him Herman)

I adopted Herman two years ago when my brother Tamron left for China. He has been well worth the $100 I paid. I got a little emotional leaving him for the wreckers today. I guess that's what happens when you have a car you have to pep talk everytime you come to a stop light - you can't help bonding.

Anyway, we knew he was fading fast and would probably go soon. He has been 'resting' in the drive way for about a month hoping there was something that could save him. Meanwhile, I rode my bike uphill both ways in 3 feet of snow to get to school and work while my husband sits in his very large, very expensive, very warm truck. :)

Zane's dad has been so helpful and we were taking it to Rigby today to put in a new thermastat we hoped would hold him over for awhile. But . . . he overheated on the way there and the block cracked??? I think that's what they said.

Anyway, the point is, we're car hunting. If anyone hears of a good deal on a cheap car that will last us till we get real jobs, let us know. (I feel like I'm cheating on him, this has got to stop. That's it! The next car doesn't get a name)

7 comments:

ChrissyLee said...

how sad!!!!!!!! so, another one bites the dust, eh?! no, seriously though, that's sad. that car was fun. i know what you mean about naming them though...i still can't get over my old car Doobes! i'll have to tell tam the sad, sad news. not sure how he'll take it. so sad...

ChrissyLee said...

am i seriously the only one who cares about herman?!?! that's so sad! have you found a replacement yet?!?! is that why you're not updating!?! where are you guys?! how are you guys?! haven't heard from you guys in awhile.

Kayla said...

Rach! That is so funny. I'm sorry. Poor Herman. I laughed so hard at your post. :) ...I'm sorry I'm a lunatic and laugh at everything bad that happens to you, but... we're just really funny. :)(and just so you know, I've been saying "that's really funny to EVERYTHING this week- thanks a lot, Rach :) I love ya, girl! I miss ya already!

Katie said...

i,m so sorry rach! herman was a good car i'll look up some cheep cars over in idaho and tell you later what i find love you lots kate.

Katie said...

rach i found somthing. i'ts not the cutest one you'll ever see it's $2,050 it's a Ford Focus SE it's milelege isn't good though 96,500
has four doors, automatic 4 cylinder
it's exterior is gold and the interior is tan it is located in ammon idaho seventeen miles away from zanes parents it also has
A/C: Front, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering,
Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Anti-Lock Brakes, CD Player, Power Windows, Alloy Wheels,All scheduled maintenance, Ice cold A/C, Looks & runs great, Non-smoker, Well maintained, No accidents. Maintenance records available. you can go to cars.com and enter ford,the first line,focas the second put in rigby's zip 83442 and hit the used car seerch thats better than calling julain but here is his # sny ways 208-350-6239 love you kate

Katie said...

rach if you want to see a picture of the car i've got it posted on my new blog at katelinlee111 ask shan for more details on how to get to it

Rachael Smith said...

Thanks for caring chrissy! Zane thought I was pathetic for getting so attached to a car but it happens.