Look at me!

As many of you know, I don't cook. My sister Lacie still makes fun of me for asking how high to turn the stove when boiling water. Although the sign in my kitchen still rings true: 'I kiss better than I cook', I'm actually becoming quick domesticated since being a part time stay at home mom.

In fact... (drum roll please)..... I made bread! And not in a bread maker. In fact, not even with a bosch or kitchenaid. I hand kneaded it. Twice. Its not all in the pic, but I ended up making three loaves, a dozen rolls, and a dozen bread sticks.



I know, I know.... you're impressed right? Me too! Usually I get bored if anything takes longer than 20 minutes. This took literally ALL day and I had a blast. Plus, it tastes divine. I am so stinkin proud of myself! *Thank you to whomever gave me those pastry towels that have sat in a box for 3 years. Sorry I laughed at the thought of using them*

Zane has always been better in the kitchen- thus the following canning projects that have taken every minute of the last month.



Okay, now to admit a not so shining moment. Hudson won't eat very many foods so the doctor suggested hiding things in pancakes. Haha, this was not very well hidden and Hudson would have nothing to do with it.

2 comments:

Kourtney said...

Your bread looks beautiful! I am really very impressed. I'm scared of yeasty breads because they almost never turn out for me :/

The Mitchell Family said...

hey that's freakin good that you made bread i tried making it in my moms bread machine and lets just say it didn't end well. i think stay home and lots of practice make a good cook cause i was the worst cook ever when we were first married know i would so im pretty amazing minus the homemade bread stuff.