Ode to Peggy

The NICU nurses rotate every 12 hours and we are always seeing new faces. We have really struggled with the inconsistancy- it feels like just as one nurse starts to get to know his cues, a new one comes.

We found one nurse in particular that we just love. We have requested her to be one of his primary care nurses which means the three days she works, she's always with Hudson. Did I mention that I love her? She knows just how to calm him down, what positions he likes to be placed in, and she is so patient in answering all our questions and teaching me to take care of his needs.

Yesterday I was really struggling. I haven't felt well and its emotionally hard to see him sick. She was so sweet- taking the time to steal me a pillow and blanket from a labor and delivery room so I could rest without leaving his room.

As Zane and I were leaving she gave me a huge hug and the cutest scrapbook page that she had made on her lunch hour of pictures she had taken of him while I slept.




(Apparently my scanner is smarter than me becuase it wouldn't let me scan the whole page in but kept cropping it instead. Oh well. You can't see how cute the page is but here are some of the peices. You'll have to imagine them all together.)

1 comment:

Josh, Jessi, Justin and Addison said...

It's amazing how much it helps to have good dr's and nurses, it really puts you at ease! So glad to hear that he is doing better, he sure is a cute little guy! continuous prayers heading your way, we love you guys!