A Long Time Comin'

Okay so I'm not sure if that title is in reference to the fact that I'm actually creating a blog (contrary to my commitment to never become a facebooker - as if this is any different) or that this blog is in existance because Zane and I are GETTING MARRIED after well . . . I'm sure with the way my fiancee socializes you all know the story (grin) but either way it's been a long time coming and we are so happy to be here.

The date is set and the chaos is underway. On Dec 19th 2008 I will be the next Jane Doe ... I mean Rachael Smith. We recieved our engagement pictures last week (Thanks Kori) which turned out incredible. The invitations have been designed (Thanks to Jeremy for countless hours he's put in!) and we head north this weekend to for two bridal showers (My in-laws are all amazing! Thanks girls!!) We'll hit every bridal shop in the state on the way up to find me a dress to get hitched in and try to sell Zane on the idea of wearing something other than a fishing vest to the reception (Maybe I'll stick a lure in his pocket and he can pretend).
We are so excited for all that is coming up and will do our best to keep everyone updated. I'm kind of a space cadet so we'll see how this goes :)

6 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

Yeah! You joined the blogging world! I just can't express how grateful I am that you are going to be a part of our family! We are very blessed! And I am very excited to get a little more estrogen in the Smith household!!!

Bryan and Karalee said...

I am really excited for you both, marraige is the greatest thing ever. You make an adorable couple! Congrats.

The Mitchell Family said...

ya i am glad you joined the blogging world. you guys are so cute your going to have super cute baby's!! i'm so happy for you that crazy you are going to be married. we need to go on a double date before you guys move away.

Josh, Jessi, Justin and Addison said...

Hey guys! I too am glad that you joined the blogging world! I was going to tell Zane that now that he is FINALLY :) getting married he needed to start one! Hope things are goin well with the wedding planning! and we'll be expecting an invitation!

Kayla said...

Congratulations you two with all my heart!!! And wow, that's so neat that you have a blog!! It's way cute!- I love the engagement picture!! I can't wait to get your announcement! Send us more pictures!

Love, Kayla and Ryan

Andersen said...

I hope that if you go with a private page you will let me keep in touch with you. I have really enjoyed getting to know you and have come to think you are amazing.
By the way,,,how many ties did you end up with??? :) lol
I am on myspace.com/bearlakegirl. I hope we can keep in touch.